Let's talk about the elephant in the room
I perform Brazilian waxes.
There - I said it.
Before the pearl clutching begins, let's have an open conversation about it.
What is a Brazilian wax?
You may have heard of this particular body waxing service or heard a story from someone who has had one but maybe you felt a little too flushed in the cheeks to ask questions about it. A Brazilian wax is defined as being basically bare from belly button to your behind.
Zip - Zero - Nada - Zilch - No Hair Left Behind!
Think this is new and modern? Nope. Hair removal, in general, dates back to 3,000 BC. The ancient Greeks considered having hair in the nether regions uncivilized even. Back in those days, depending on the culture you immersed yourself with, you may have used sugar, sharp sea shells or razors made of copper. Here in the States, using wax for hair removal became more popular in the 1970's and 80's when designers began making swim suits high cut in the hip areas
So here we are, in 2017, still talking about the apparently taboo topic of waxing "down there".
Why do women book this service - what are the pros?
- It lasts longer than shaving because it pulls the hair from the roots. Results can last anywhere from 3-8 weeks depending on hair growth.
- No cuts or nicks that can leave you with scars, especially if you have skin susceptible to discoloration even for a minor cut.
- Shaving can cause rashes on sensitive skin.
- For many, waxing makes the hair grow slower and finer .
- Waxing produces smoother results because hair is pulled from the root.
- Waxing will make your skin feel smoother longer without feeling itchy, because of slower hair regrowth.
- Contrary to popular belief, waxing is not always painful. I always recommend taking a pain reliever approximately 1 hour prior to your appointment.
- Waxing is fast and convenient. It typically takes only 15-30 minutes and you're done.
- A maintained, or groomed, appearance is preferred by most partners.
- Hygiene - Hygiene - Hygiene - hair is notoriously known as bacteria collectors.
Frequently Asked Questions...
Of all of the services I provide, and of all the education and certification I've received, I still get the most questions about this one particular segment of service offerings. In the past, when I would go out more, it was from men who had consumed enough liquid courage to muster the strength to ask what it is like. And then there are women that giggle and whisper as they bring the topic up.
"how can you DO that?", "doesn't it hurt?", and so many more...
Here is my go to response for all:
I treat each service with upmost confidentiality and respect.
I've been a licensed esthetician for going on 9 years - call it close to a decade if you will - and am trained in body work and skin physiology. I have worked in both salon settings and well known spa settings and now have my own business. That means I've seen a lot of naked bodies, and guess what? I don't get giggly or squeamish, etc. It is my profession - just as your doctor doesn't poke fun about your "boobies". Know what I'm getting at? To me, a body is simply a shell. When it comes to waxing, it's just like cleaning my bathroom floor. "oh look, there's hair on it, let's clean that up."
Own your body parts.
You have (or know someone who does) a vagina. It is a word to define a body part, much like an elbow.
When we begin to have a healthy and mature relationship with each of our pieces of anatomy, the topic becomes less of a to-do. Making the service appear naughty because of the region I'm working in is sexualizing a service that is definitely not sexual - just ask anyone that has had it done - nothing sexual about it, lol!
It's not for everyone.
And I fully understand that! Believe me, I do not ask people or chase them down the street yelling "let me give you a Brazilian!!!" Some people take care of their own maintenance, some people don't do any form of maintenance. To each their own.
However, I'm here if it is a service you want done.
Services are created in this world because there is a demand for it. This is an incredibly small percentage of the services I am able to offer. (see service menu below)
Still have questions?????
I'll help shed light on the questions you may feel I didn't answer and I'm happy to do it in a professional manor. Reach out to me - it's what I'm here for.