Getting to know 'energy'
How are you feeling today?
It seems like a simple question with a quick answer. I imagine you just thought in your head "I'm fine". Let's slow up a bit.
Breathe in, deeply, through your nose.....close your eyes....and
exhale out of your mouth.
Stop. Sit. (go ahead...this email will still be here when you're ready to come back)
Now - how are you really feeling?
Check in with yourself on three main topics:
- Emotional/Spiritual - are you sad, lonely, happy, ecstatic, connected, etc.?
- Physical - are you experiencing pain, tension, or feeling flexible and fluid?
- Mental - are you feeling more type-A or type-B today, scattered or on point?
How we feel based on these questions above, will impact who we are or how we act that day and
that vibe we give off impacts all around us.
This is called energy. Everything is made of energy, including you and me. Einstein taught us that what we thought was matter is really energy, with vibration so low that it appeared to be physical. In reality, we are energy beings living in the energy environment of Earth, within the energy environment of the Universe. How many times have you known something that you haven’t been taught, but that you feel in your bones, your soul, and your DNA? That is energy.
Think of the person at the store scanning your groceries and how they always complain or can't seem to greet you with a smile (or even at all some days). You sit and think "gee willikers - what's up with them?" or "do they not like me" or enter your own thought.
Or think of that one friend you love being around because they make you laugh and you feel lighter and happy when you leave them and look forward to being with them again soon.
That vibe given off by others now permeated into your energy field and you are carrying trace amounts of it with you.
Same goes for you -
you give off energy to people and they carry it with them....
makes you stop and think.....but....how do we become aware of it?
How do we become mindful of our energy?
- Throughout the day take moments where you spend a full 30 seconds (that's all) slowing your breathing and focusing on slowing down a bit
- Make a conscious effort not to fill the gaps in your personal schedule and allow yourself downtime
- Notice times you are doing something but are actually totally zoned out and make an effort to become more present in those moments
Consider this your homework for the next few days as I continue to work on these nuggets of wisdom:)
Stay tuned for a lot more on this topic and others that came to mind while writing!
“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of
energy, frequency, and vibration.”
― Nikola Tesla
“Self-care is how you take your power back.”
― Lalah Delia