1828 Park Avenue
New Holstein, WI 53061
T: 920-420-9145 (text or call)
- Should you need to reschedule your appointment, a 24 hour notice is required. To best enhance your experience, it is requested that all technology be silenced, turned off (or better yet), not brought into the treatment room at all. This is your down time - make use of it!
- Please respect the zen-like surroundings by using inside voices and silencing technology, for your relaxation as well as anyone else receiving services in the building.
- Parents will be asked to sign a consent form for those under the age of 18 years.
Get the most out of your service
- Arrive a few moments early to fill out your intake form, use the restroom and begin winding down from your day
- Please do not feel the need to make conversation during a healing session. I am able to connect better and do my work the best in a quiet, dimly lit room.
- This is your "you time" so be sure to advise if you are too warm or cold. Being comfortable helps you relax faster.
- After any service it is recommended to drink extra water.
- Take your time getting off the table as you may get light headed if sitting up too fast.
- The benefits of a facial are cumulative, like going to the gym, you see results with several treatments.
- Booking a series of treatments allows the body to gently release stress patterns - like peeling the layers on an onion - the more frequently you come in, the deeper your mind, body and soul heals.
- Waxing clients are advised it is best to have at least 1/4" hair growth to achieve the greatest result. Please do not shave at least the week prior to the appointment.
- If you are consistently taking any form of Vitamin A or are on any skin thinning treatment, a wax service can be denied for the health of your skin.
- I will always step out of the room while the client undresses to their comfort level for that particular service.
- Focusing on your breath helps relaxation occur, and eases pain, more quickly. We will work on this with each service.
- It is not recommended to drink alcohol prior to any service - focus on hydrating with water.
Things that can prevent services from taking place
- Contra-indications that prevent waxing: Contagious skin condition – wait for the condition to clear before waxing,Thin or fragile skin – can cause bruising and tearing of the skin which may lead to infection,Use of steroid medication – this can cause a thinning of the skin. Waxing should not be done while using such medication, and not until 3 months after completing the treatment,Unidentified lumps or swelling,Previous allergic reaction to treatment.
- Contraindications that prevent a facial treatment: Viruses such as colds, cold sores, warts, Bacterial infections such as impetigo, boils, conjunctivitis, styes, Fungal infections such as ringworm, blepharitis, Undiagnosed lumps or swelling, Broken bones, known sensitivity or allergy to products. Eczema, psoriasis, cold sores, fresh bruising, open sores, bleeding, tooth abcess, broken jaw or other facial bone, facial cancer, head lice, recently consumed alcohol, under the influence of drugs, unstable blood pressure, recent head injury, recent neck injury, fever, contagious disease, recent haemmhorage, recent scarring, severe acne.
Please note that while this list covers many contraindications, there may be others not listed below that would also prevent you from receiving services. Feel free to speak to me prior to your service (and your doctor if you have any questions or concerns) and we can determine what constitutes a contraindication.
Photos by Laurie Marie Photography